… In virtual life… Online
- Columnist and blogger at MIS Asia.com
- Opinion editorial at the Asian Banker June 2011
- Thoughts, reflections and interesting discoveries on projects and change at jflinn.com
… In real life… Recent lectures and public workshops
- PGMOpen Netherlands give the Success Healthcheck to all 200 conference participants , 2nd February 2012.
Thanks to the Gordians who are launching their new program dashboard program.
- the Success Healthcheck @ ISACA Singapore, 11th January 2012; A deep discussion of projects, priorities, politics and how governance makes a difference – along with Val IT and COBIT.
- Best Practices in Project Management for ESI Premier Client 21st November 2011: The power of correct project diagnostics, simple and complex projects and implications to major programs and success
- Success Healthcheck and Implications to the Project Management Profession: Singapore Project Management Institute (PMI) Regional Symposium, 15th November 2011.
Keynote and Panel: The reality, the issues and the impact to PMs (and the opportunity to be a Renaissance Hero and save millions for your organization)
- Fabulous Boardroom – Julius Baer Marina Bay Financial Center (MBFC), 29th November 2011: Finding the jewel in the crown: The excessive cost of failure, complex systems and the search for project success.
- Joanne and MIS Asia 12th August 2011
At the Annual Awards Ceremony- the challenges of managing new style projects – the land of iPad, Cloud and apps.
- “The Project Success Rate” at the Asian Banker Summit in Hong Kong, April 6-7th 2011
2010 and earlier:
- “The Success Healthcheck for IT Projects” Keynote at the inaugural ACMP Conference in Africa, South Africa 18th-19th 2010
- “The Success Healthcheck for IT Projects” at the American Chamber of Commerce, Singapore for the ICT Committee on 21 October 2010
- “Cultural Quotient ~ success with multi-country teams and projects” at the PanPacific for CPA Australia on 23rd September 2010
- “Divorce, Death and Danger ~ the secrets to IT project success” as the opening speaker at MIS Asia’s 2010 Award Ceremony on 19th August 2010 at the Fairmont Hotel, Singapore. Conference theme: Innovation: Successful IT for Economic Growth
- ‘Thriving on Chaos ~are you a follower or a leader?” at the PanPacific Singapore for CPA-Australia 5th Nov 2009
- “4 Keys to Managing Success (& Failure) in IT based Transformation Programs in Banks” at Singapore Management University, September 2009
- “Organisational choices in Shared Services” – presentation to Shared Services Seminar to MINDEF 24th Oct 2008
- “Making organisational change work” – 2 day program with Asia Business Forum held in Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, April 2008
- “Increasing Strategic Capacity through building a Project Management Culture”, at The 1st Singapore International Conference on Project Management. Theme: Organisational Transformation through Advanced Project Management, 27th Nov 2007
- ‘The CFO of the Future – building strategic leaderships skills for CFOs in Asia’, 9-10 October 2007, Singapore
- ‘The meat in the service sales sandwich: Relationship Managers and their role in business building’ at Strategic Sales Force, 3-4 July 2005, Asia Business Forum
- ‘Communicating Change during Corporate Restructuring’, at Strategic Human Capital Management, 6-7 April 2004, Pacific Conferences
- ‘Hidden Enablers of the Successful Strategic Manager’ at Managing Managers, 6-7 October 2003, Asia Business Forum
On paper… In Print
- The Success Healthcheck for IT Projects (Wiley 2010) ISBN 0-470-82572-3
- Book reviews appearing across the globe: Singapore, UK, India, Malaysia… including Smart Investor and Business
- Interview with BFM Tech Talk, Malaysia